Hello everyone! I am so honored to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Sadie. She runs a fantastic book blog where she features female YA authors and discusses all things bookish and nerdy; how great is that?! Before continuing, please swing by her blog and check it out! And thank you again Sadie for nominating me!
Y’all might be wondering what the Mystery Blogger Award is (I know I am!). This award was created by Okoto Enigma. The explanation included on her blog is:
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
Reading this made me tear up a little. I feel so amazed and touched to be nominated for this award. There are some rules and questions to answer though, so I won’t let myself be swept away by emotion (yet).
Update: I have also now been nominated by Claudia over at Claudia’s Cafe! Thank you so much Claudia for my second nomination for the Mystery blogger award – I will be including her questions in this post as well!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
To begin, here are three things about myself:
- I can’t be taken to a pet store unless the person with me is prepared to be in there for several hours dragging me away from every animal there (I HAVE TO HAVE THEM ALL THEY’RE SO ADORABLE)
- I love to bake and have been doing so for several years. My favorite thing to bake is gluten free chocolate chip walnut cookies – they’re absolutely delicious and a favorite of some of my friends and family.
- I’m also a big gaming nerd. One of my absolute favorite games is Skyrim! I mostly enjoy playing RPG’s, as well as a few others.
I have 5 questions from Sadie to answer:
- If you could meet just one celebrity, who would it be, and why?
I would love to meet Johnny Depp – he’s my favorite actor. Whenever I see a movie with his name on the cast list, I will watch it ASAP.
2. What is your all time favorite movie?
My all time favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice (2007).
3. What’s one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to you? (If you don’t feel comfortable sharing, just write PASS).
4. Where would you most like to travel?
I would love to travel to just Europe in general.
5. (the Weird Question) What is a strange talent/oddity/wacky/etc. thing that you can do? (Ex: riding a unicycle/popping your shoulder out of joint).
My fingers are double jointed. That’s really the only thing I can think of.
I also have 5 questions from Claudia to answer!
- Favourite beauty product? This can be skincare, haircare makeup etc. What product can’t you live without?
I can’t live without my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil-free Acne Foaming Scrub.
2. Any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
Yes, I have a pet cat, named Homer, I absolutely adore. I also have several other pets, but I would say they’re more the family pets than my own.
3. Early Bird or Night Owl?
I am definitely a Night Owl – I have a bad habit of staying up super late and being extremely grouchy in the morning (until I have a cup of coffee that is).
4. Favorite place?
My favorite place… there are a few. I love my room (exciting, I know) and this one beach I love to walk down to and hang out at. The walk is beautiful, and I enjoy watching the water.
5. Craziest Dream?
I’m a vivid dreamer, so I’ve had a few crazy dreams. I think the craziest dream I ever had was when I was in a large cavern, with a rugged tower in the middle. The tower and walls of the cavern had these swirly openings which were portals to different worlds. While in the cavern, the laws of physics didn’t seem to apply and I could float around, walk upside down, go spinning and flipping around. I went through different portals, some of them leading to nothing more than a meadow, to some of them leading me to horrible demons and monsters. I made friends while I was exploring. I had an odd mix of characters, but I don’t remember much about them or the rest of the dream.
My Best Posts
I love all my posts equally, so I don’t think I can choose the best one. The one with the most likes is my Ever the Hunted book review. The one with the most views is my Merely the Beginning post (my first ever post), and it is also the post with the most comments.
- Atheinne at Page Hoarder
- Amy at A Court of Crowns and Quills
- Noly at The Artsy Reader
- Ignoring Life
- Anna at Books of Teacups
- Books, Life and Everything Nice
- Kaleena at Reader Voracious
- Manon at Cafe Manon
- Amanda, Kyleigh and Lauren at Read It and Weep
- Meher at The Scribblings
I would like to add that this is not a comprehensive list, and I wish I could tag everyone I follow.
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your biggest goal this year?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words (or less)?
- What was the weirdest/grossest thing you did as a child?